Businesses need a clear view of their costs and output — and control over them — to optimize productivity and profitability. One area your business might be overlooking is print services.
Do you know what you’re spending on print costs? Most businesses don’t.
According to the Gartner Group, approximately 90 percent of companies don’t know how much they are spending on print.
If you’re not sure whether you need managed print services or what it includes, read on to find out more, including the benefits they can provide for your business.
What is managed print services?
Managed print services (MPS) refers to services that help optimize and manage document output for businesses. This includes printers, copy machines, scanners, and fax machines. MPS is handled by a third-party provider to remove the burden of management from you and your staff and increase business efficiency.
What is included in managed print services?
It depends on the company you choose to go with, but what is generally provided is some form of needs assessment, implementation of hardware and/or software, and an ongoing service and maintenance agreement.
WCC Business Solutions achieves this and more with a fully-comprehensive plan tailored to your business. We put a heavy emphasis on the beginning phase of every engagement to make sure we do things right the first time and land on the perfect solution for your business.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of what we provide:
- Needs assessment
- Install data collection software to compile information on current usage
- Perform a physical site survey to see and map all equipment
- Retrieve data, compile all findings, and analyze
- Submit a comprehensive proposal for improvements and explain the reasoning and benefits of each recommendation
- Agree on a package and implementation plan including installation and training dates
- Install or replace hardware with minimal disruption to your business
- Facilitate continued employee access to print services during implementation
- Service and maintenance
- Provide access to a dedicated account manager for questions and support
- Review your equipment performance regularly to continuously look for areas of improvement
- Renew supplies as needed and perform routine maintenance
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs as needed
What are the benefits of managed print services?
The main goal of MPS is increased visibility and control over your printing, which leads to significant benefits. Here are the top five.
- Reduce costs – save on equipment costs, supplies, wasted/excess output, and employee time
- Optimize efficiency – get all your equipment on the same network so it’s working together and no information is lost
- Increase security – protect your network from security breaches and hacks; track employee usage with access codes
- Increase productivity – alleviate workload for IT staff so they can focus on other tasks; track metrics including page counts; turn slow, manual processes into digital ones
- Reduce environmental impact – have a smaller carbon footprint thanks to a reduction in wasted output (paper, ink, electricity)
Do you need managed print services?
If your business uses print services, MPS is well worth the investment. When you consider the returns you get, both tangible and intangible, the cost of doing nothing is far greater than the cost of a solution.
WCC Business Solutions specializes in helping businesses achieve greater productivity through technology solutions including managed print services and more. For more information on any of our services or to schedule a complimentary business systems assessment, contact our team today.